Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Here, we are already - 2 days in to 2009. I never believed anyone when I was younger when they would talk about how fast time goes by...I do now that I'm living it. Just have kids, time will absolutely FLY by! Just doesn't seem possible that I'm 40, have been married for 15 years, and have 14 and 11 year old daughters.

We spent New Years Eve at the Roberts' with the Bickfords' and had a great time playing games, eating, playing the Wii, eating, talking, eating, and did I mention...eating?? Haven't been up that late in a LONG time...didn't get home til 2:30, but it was a lot of fun and THANKS Roberts' family for opening up your home to us once again. Looking forward to the 3rd annual New Years Eve gathering!!

New Years Day was spent taking down all the Christmas decorations and getting the house back to "normal". Also spent about 4 hours cleaning out Holly's room and came out with 3 totes of Goodwill donations, 2 more totes of outgrown/not wanted clothing, and 2 totes of trash (which includes broken stuff and stuff just not worth giving away). She has the smallest room of the 3 and I truley believe, the most stuff in it! It's refreshing to walk in to her room now and actually see the floor and have room to move around. We'll see just how long it lasts! :-)

Just 2 more days till the crazy, busy schedule commences once again. I work for a charter school in Muncie, so I've been off most of the past 2 weeks along with the girls. It's been so nice not having something going on every single night. That will soon come to an end though...back to work, back to school, back to basketball practices and/or games just about every night...if not basketball, then guard, girl scouts, pto, smallgroup...always something. Eventhough it gets a little overwhelming at times, I'm glad that the girls are active and that we all have the opportunties that we have. God puts us where he wants us for his purpose and we just have to trust in his plan.

Happy New Year everyone - I pray that we all grow closer in our relationship with God and have an awesome 2009.