Saturday, January 10, 2009

Work on Saturday

No, I don't normally work on the weekends - seeing as how I work at a school, it's typically only Monday - Friday. But, today, we had a VIP visiting our school - the President of K12, Inc. - which is our parent company and backer for Hoosier Academy. He came in yesterday from Virginia and spent some time at the Indy campus yesterday and then with us today. Nice man - great vision for education. I'm glad that I'm part of that vision.

Didn't know if I was going to make it here this morning though - just about didn't make it out of the neighborhood with the ice covered streets. Pulled out of the garage and down the drive way to the street to just sit there and spin my tires. Finally got some traction and realized that the direction I was headed entailed going "up hill" before getting out of the neighborhood. so I turned around and headed out of the neighborhood the other direction. The main road wasn't too bad. I had to take Abby to the school for guard practice before heading to Muncie - went totally out of my way, but I wasn't chancing the county roads.

Well, visitors are gone, so we are headed for some lunch then back home. Hope we don't get any more rain/ice mixture.

No comments: