Friday, January 23, 2009

Pictures

I had the day off work today and the girls had the day off school, so I thought I'd take them to get their pictures taken. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, just could never really find a good time. I scheduled an appointment at JCPenney - we hadn't been there since Abby was like 2 or 3 and a co-worker recently had her little one done there and they were really good - so I thought I'd give them a try again (we normally go to Sears).

First of all, I felt more like an interruption than a customer. On top of the stress already associated with getting pictures taken - I'm a tad-bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like pictures being taken - so I want the outfit, hair, everything just right. The photographer did some really cute poses with the girls, but she didn't pay much attention to their clothes or hair.

Secondly, after the session was over, it took FOREVER to get the pictures loaded on the computer to see them...while the other employee conveniently took her break and left the one employee to cover 2 customers plus the phone. Once she got them loaded and we were able to view them, she kinda left us on our own - which is good, until you get to the point that you are done or need help and no one is around. While she got some really cute poses, remember, I said she didn't may much attention to their clothes or hair - the good shots all had either something wrong with a piece of clothing or someone's hair over their eye or in their face.

So, after the "non-service" and none of the pictures really satisfying us...we left without purchasing anything....and went to Sears! What should have been an hour experience turned into almost 3 hours...but we got some really good pictures and I, once again, learned that I should just trust my gut on some things and go with what I know!

After today's experience, I think I'll wait awhile before we tackle a new family photo - but you can bet, I'll be making that appointment at Sears...not JC Penney!

No comments: