Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

First for an update to yesterday's "Expect the unexpected" blog...after the post, the rest of the day was pretty much a typical normal day for a k-8 school...I know, sorry - not too exciting huh???:-(

Today, even though it's February - it looks and feels like a gloomy Spring day...I only wish it really was. I love the warmer temps, but I don't like the tease of Spring knowing that ole man winter hasn't left us just yet. Hey, it's sectional time in Indiana - that always brings yucky weather!!

Speaking of basketball - I felt really bad for the MC 8th grade girls team Monday evening loosing to Randolph Southern in the championship game of the Randolph County Tourney. I know they really wanted a county championship to call their own, but that just wasn't in the cards. They gave it a valiant effort, just came up short (about 5 points worth) in the end. Even though Abby was one of those girls who really wanted a win...I was (am) very proud of the way she handled herself. I'm so proud of her for the committment she has towards basketball and volleyball..and now guard (although, that's another story for another post). I wish I had had that kind of motivation and committment when I was in school. Here's a picture of the team huddle at the beginning of the championship game Monday evening...


Holly has one more school basketball game left tomorrow evening, then school ball is officially over. But, her AAU team has entered into a league in Muncie and will be playing through the first of April. This group of 5th grade girls has been playing together since 2nd grade and they are pretty good - although this Muncie league will, I believe, bring some new challenges to the court for them. I believe it will be good for them though - it will help make them better players in the end. David and Randy will be coaching them once again. I'm really proud of David for taking on coaching this team when he did last Fall and for sticking with it. I know it was a big step out of his comfort zone when he did it and putting himself in a leadership role doesn't come naturally for him.

So, with only 1 playing basketball now, our schedule will lighten up a bit...that is until softball kicks into gear...then the schedules go into overload again. I know I complain, but I love it too - at least I know where they are and that they aren't getting into trouble.

No comments: