Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas reflections

It's over...well, almost anyway. Have my family Christmas to attend tomorrow, which just happens to be 6 months to the day that my Dad passed...so I'm sure it will be even more emotional. It's been really weird for me this season. Between our marriage issues and my Dad not being here - I've just kind of buried myself in shopping and work - it keeps my mind occupied. I miss my Dad tremendously and think about the traditions we had started, like he and Mom coming out to our house Christmas morning for breakfast. But, they are like treasured memories, not sad. Mom came out and spent the night with us Christmas Eve and she was really having a bad time - I could tell she was trying to hide it. I didnt' want her to be alone, so I'm really glad she decided to come out. She did really well Christmas morning too - I'm very proud of her and the way she is trying to move forward without Dad.

As always, Holly was the first one up - around 6am I believe. She couldn't wait for everyone else to get up...I think she finally got me out of bed around 7:15. We saved the girls' main presents for last - because we knew if they got them first, nothing else would really matter. Abby's face when she opened her IPOD Touch was PRICELESS - as was Holly's when she opened her DS. I'll be the first to admit that they got entirely too much this year - but it was the first year in a long time we've been able to spend more on them, so we did. We followed that up of course with "don't expect this next year!" :-) Abby of course has been glued to the computer downloading to her IPOD and Holly has pretty much been glued to her DS. I have managed to get on the computer a few times to mess with my new gadget - a new mp3 player - and managed to get extremely frustrated and threaten to throw it out the door! I don't have a lot of patience - if you know me very well at all - you already know this! (LOL).

David's kids also came out Christmas day. It was also Heather's b-day - she turned 28 and Ryan is 26. That's a whole nother blog someday...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I've enjoyed 2 days at home in my jammies with my girls' - gotta get outta this tomorrow though! Oh yeah, great Christmas Eve service at FFC too - props to Pastor Kris!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us, Angel.

I know how hard the first Christmas without a parent can be...Will be praying for your Mom.

Keym said...

Wow an IPod Touch and a DS you guys rocked out the gifts this year. I'm glad that you got to enjoy your time at home.