Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's been awhile...

Wow - has it ever! So what's been going on since April you ask...LIFE! Nothing major, just every day life with 2 working parents, a teen and a pre-teen daughter. So, get ready for a pretty random post...

Of course, we transitioned from basketball to softball, started conditioning for volleyball, ALMOST finished another school year (2.5 days left)...and in about another week or so, will include basketball once again for one. Seems like our lives pretty much revolve around what sport our daughters are playing...and it pretty much does! 4 softball teams between 2 daughters keeps us hopping from ball diamond to ball diamond...well it does for the husband anyway. I don't have to see every game. I'm okay to sit out a few, but not him. But, that's good - it's something he shares with the girls.

I'm kinda anxious about the summer and don't really know what to expect. With my job (working for a charter school), school is out, but I'm a year-round employee. Not quite sure what that means still...have to work out that schedule with the bosses...thankful that "working from home" is an option I an enjoy. Don't really have a lot going on this summer, but there are several things on the horizon for fall that we need to financially plan for - so the summer can't really be too extravegant. Was hoping to make a trip to Gatlinburg or Wisconsin Dells...but not sure the budget can afford much more than maybe a long weekend at Indiana Beach or Kings Island.

I am excited about a couple of things this summer. One is a new Bible study group I joined with some ladies from FFC. We are studying the book of Esther with It's Touch Being A Woman by Beth Moore. It looks really fascinating and I'm anxious to get to know the ladies involved better and have some fun expanding my Bible knowledge...which REALLY needs expanding! The other is my Girl Scout troop FINALLY getting started (and hopefully finishing) their Silver Award project. We will be re-doing the Alphabet Garden at MCE...which is basically an overgrown weed patch right now. It will look A LOT different when we are finished and have a new name. The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the whining :-) and trying to schedule 5 freshman girls to be in one place at the same time!

WOW - did I just say "freshman" girls?? I can't believe my oldest will be a freshman in 2.5 days. Next she'll be driving, then graduating, then college...okay, I have to stop or I'll start crying.

No comments: