Friday, March 13, 2009

16 years ago today..

Was my wedding day- doesn't seem like it's been that long ago, especially doesn't seem like we should have a 14 and 11 year old!!

I remember lots about that day - which I find surprising because I'm not good at remembering things. I remember being extremely stressed out - mainly because I am a control freak (ha - who knew - LOL) and did just about everything myself. So of course, there was no one to blame but myself if something didn't go right. Sorry - no big story to tell of a big embarassing moment or major disaster...surprisingly, everything went well...except for the weather. I guess that was one thing I couldn't control. We had a "mini" ice storm that day and it wasn't a good day for traveling. But, as far as I can remember - everyone that mattered was there - actually, I don't recall anyone not making it.

I remember being amazingly calm, even though stressed. I wasn't nervous and had no doubts, I knew this was where I was supposed to be. And, even though there have been some bad times, I still know I'm were I'm supposed to be and with the person I'm meant to be with. God has a funny way of bringing us back to remembering that we are living out HIS plan, not ours.

I remember being surrounded by family and friends. I was recently going through wedding pictures and came accross one of me and my Dad. Of course, now that he is gone, it has so much more meaning - but it also helped me to put some things into perspective. Like - live for today, not tomorrow - be grateful for the time we have with everyone that matters in our lives - and most important - MAKE TIME for everyone that matters in our lives!

I remember having an absolute blast at our reception...and being relieved that it was all over.

I remember feeling on top of the world and feeling like the luckiest person in the world to have a husband that truely loved me for me.

I remember being full of excitement about the possibilites ahead of us!Thank you David for 16 years of wonderful memories (both the good and the bad!). Looking forward to many more years together- wherever Gods' plan may lead us. I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Derek Chalfant said...

Happy Anniversary to both you and David. Looks funny not seeing him with something to do with Gordon or BSU on.